|Adult education classes are held in the Hickman County Adult and Family Education Center, which is located at the Hickman County Business Park on Highway 51 South (Daymar Building). Please call 653-2294 for a current class schedule. The program is FREE and all materials are furnished. Online curriculum is offered as well. Enrolled students may work at their own pace toward taking the GED exam at West Kentucky Technical College in Paducah. According to state law, you have to successfully pass the Official Practice Test before taking the GED test in either Murray or Paducah.
Upon passing the exam, the person will receive the General Equivalency Diploma (GED) credential. This diploma is accepted for employment nation-wide or entrance into post-secondary education or vocational/training may enroll.
General Eligibility Requirements
Pursuant to Title II of the Workforce Investment Act, the Adult Education and Family Literacy Act, eligible students are those individuals who live and work in Kentucky and:
· have attained 16 years of age
· are not enrolled or required to be enrolled in secondary school under state law; and who
· lack sufficient mastery of basic educational skills to enable the individual to function effectively in society
· do not have a secondary school diploma or its recognized equivalent or have not achieved an equivalent level of education
· are unable to speak read or write the English language
Other eligibility requirement may apply. Please contact us for a complete list.
If you or someone you know is interested in our FREE services, please call Jordan McBride at 653-2294.